And the color wheel spins round and round and round again.

I was in line at the grocery store flipping through Martha Stewart Living and I saw the above image.  Immediately I was drawn into the quirky color scheme, then I noticed the peach lampshades and pillows.   Part of me revolted against it, another part of me embraced it.  I mean I can handle peach.  I'm not a color snob, I try to appreciate all colors.  Its just all that seafoam and peach of  my childhood that kind of fights against it.  My mother is the same way with avocodo or gold.  She has a hard time stomaching either of those colors. 

I know everything that goes around comes around, but I didn't think I was ready for this combo yet...

Found this blast from the past on Ugly House Photos.  Really worth a visit if you have some spare time and need to burn some holes in your retinas.  Good bad stuff!  SO anyhow, I keep flipping through Martha and see this combo...
 
Flashback hits.  Big puffy prom dresses, banana clips, JAMS, shoulder pads, bubble skirts... wait those last two already snuck back in.  Deep breathes. OK, can she save it? Reinvent it? Of course she can. She's freaking Martha Stewart.  Not quite your Momma's peach...

She even has me OK with the seafoam...
Here are some other pretties that I didn't have to think to hard about, a bit more aqua and orange here.

Love the stools above and below.
Just don't get me started on mauve, at least not this week.

1 comment:

Tammy@InStitches said...

Banana clip ! There's a word I haven't heard in a long time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails