My latest find

I'm back. I know things happen in threes, and when my sewing machine and camera broke I knew there was another glitch around the corner. That would be my Internet.  All is right in the land of Verizon again, sewing machine is fixed and I got a great new camera for Mother's Day... so its back to business. 

OK, so my living room is coming along with the help of my latest find... this credenza.   I painted it aquarium green. It looked like this a few hours ago...


Paint really changes EVERYTHING! I can't believe how much more alive the space feels.


My inspiration for the color came from here...


I have been struggling with tying in my red entrance and wanted to add pink. I found that small drawer piece at a thrift shop and spray painted it. I really liked the combo with the green from the Domino bible and the green in my Mom's needlepoint so I mixed a bunch of old paint and got my color.




The whole space is open so its been a struggle. I  am still trying out different fabrics for pillows and need to do a lot of editing and painting of other furniture pieces, but it is slowly getting there.

Remember the space looked like this when we moved in...
I have a bunch more before and afters I have been working on to share with you later this week!

7 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

It looks fabulous!! The whole room is amazing..can't wait to see what else you have to show us.

blydesign said...

Your living room looks really pretty! What a great color choice on the credenza!

Erica Cook said...

Seriously! Can I tell you how much I love you!? Such great style! xo

Shauna said...

beautiful. can i add one teeny tiny suggestion on the pillows? BIGGER! 20"x 20" or 22" x 22" - few big ones to anchor all the smalls happening. Plus all the beautiful, but small vases. That will ground things in that big ol' beautiful room.

Just my two cents.

Samantha said...

Wow. Nice paint job. And love those crazy lamps. They look like tropical fish could come poking out of the holes.

sami said...

hey danika! i love your blog, especially all of the diy projects that seem almost impossible, but you manage to pull them off! the bleeker floor and the reupholstered sofa are crazy!! love all the use of schumacher, because i work there of course!!
xo
sami

Lori Flaherty said...

I absolutely love the green table. It looks more turquoise but the white lamps make it just sing and your art wall is beautiful. Good job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails