Bathtime in an Igloo


 
Very cool igloo like glass block wall, but wait...
 it isn't made out of glass block.
Its made completely out of IKEA Rektangel Vases.

Found it on IKEA Hackers. A rather pricey hack, but still very cool is. I'd like a bit more privacy in my bathtub sessions though, oh wait... I forgot what those are.

This loft is in the center of Amsterdam and was designed by Marloes van Heteren of SOLUZ and Remco Wilcke of CUBE architecten.  Quite a mouthful.
 
 Love all the white.
What a fantastic space!





7 comments:

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Looks awesome! How much are those vases are they pricey I almost want to do the math and see how much it cost. Almost. It's a good thing I'm stupid in math, Ha!

Danika Herrick said...

Bri,
Depending on the vase size, anywhere from $1.99-4.99. My kids would be chucking Hot Wheels and breaking them so fast!

Lily said...

wow I cant believe those are ikea vases ! so crazy...ya must have cost a fortune, there are so many.

xxLily
goldandgray.blogspot.com

Gypsy Sparrow said...

pretty. I like the living room the best :)

Ashley said...

Wow...cool idea, but the owners definitely don't have kids or pets! Any idea how they are secured?

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Wow...incredible! I am wondering whether it would be less expensive to use glass cinder blocks or in fact this was the cheapest way to go. And yes I think I would be a tad concerned about breakage, but hell if no children then why not!!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

wow what a FABBBBB idea! The place is stunning...although i found the ceiling to be a bit low...that could be because my own ceiling are about 10 feet high though. :))))))))))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails