Reader's Rooms-DIY Artwork

Its the return of "Reader's Rooms"!
 Today I have one from my cousin Lisa in New Jersey.  She has been in this house for about two years and has been busy painting and making it her own.  She had a big empty wall over her sofa that needed "something" and a lot of straight lines.  She wanted something with curves and movement to fill the space, so she did what any good DIYer would do and made her own artwork.
Using the paint from the adjoining room, she found some images online for inspiration and bought two canvases to create on. The result... custom art that compliments the space perfectly.  Didn't she do a great job?

 Before...
If you a have a project or room you're proud of, please email me.
 I'd love to add it to the Reader's Rooms series!
Thanks for sharing Lisa!

5 comments:

samantha ramage said...

wow! your cousin did such a good job! the room definitely looks more complete now :)

xo
sami

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I think adding your own art work always makes a room a bit mo' special in my opinion.

Krista said...

I love the energy in her room now! Way to paint sis! And yes, my order will be coming soon!!

Lisa Martinus said...

Thanks for posting this on your blog!! - you are my inspiration! I have so many more things I want to paint (including a greyhound silhouette I saw 6 or 7 years ago at Anthropologie - that had a price tag of a whopping $500). It doesn't hurt to try...

Lisa

kiersten13 said...

Wow, they look great Lisa!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails