Going dark


I finally just did it. I couldn't take my indecisiveness so I went to the basement, mixed up a bunch of leftover  paint and made myself a dark charcoal brown. Neutral, I know. So not like me.
The starburst is no more. I am taking it down several notches, but I am gonna ramp it up inside the closet office. That baby is already coated with some pink and I have a long day of doing ahead of me.
I am fighting every urge to over the top this space. It is right off my gold squiggle walls living room, so it needs to be softened up. Be back with some good crap soon I hope. Thanks for all your guidance! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

It's fun...and if I know you...there is some more fun stuff coming!

My Interior Life said...

Ooh, I love the dark charcoal brown and can't wait to see what goodness awaits us in the closet!

Dana Frieling said...

You have such guts when it comes to decorating! Mixing your own paint? How did you make sure you had enough for the entire room?! I'd get it mixed to the right color then not be able to duplicate it again! Looking good...

Leah said...

I know whatever you dois going to look fantastic! love the brown with the white mirror. looking forward to seeing what magic you pull off this week!

Heather Peterson said...

I thought I would miss the starbursts, but actually I like the calm of the brown. I'm sure it will be super fun when you go crazy in that closet--a nice surprise.

Have fun!
Heather
loveyourspace.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be able to amp it up with accessories! It will look great, I have no doubt. Good luck!

Jenna

The Sister Sophisticate said...

How fun is this?!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails