You need this in your life...

We all know I am no food blogger.
The only thing remotely "food" related I speak of around these parts is probably booze.
So when a meal causes me to blog about it you better believe its awesome.

My must have for fall... 
Red Lentil Coconut Soup.
It is quick and easy and makes your whole house smell so good.
My friend Jane gave me the recipe last year.  She got it from a friend of hers, and we have no idea where it's from- we only know it's amazing.

(My sad copy that is barely legible)

I re-wrote it to immortalize it forever in Blogland so I no longer have to worry about losing my copy to water stains. 
Just click and print it and get soupin'...
p.s. you can make the skinny version by substituting coconut water for coconut milk.
Still tastes amazing.  Tried it.

When I say say fast and easy I mean it.
Work time (less than 15 mins): 
You just chop your veggies and sauté ...

Supervising while drinking time (20 min):
 Then you dump the rest of the ingredients in and stir it occasionally while sipping wine.

Then you eat.  Lots.
Try it out and thank me (or Jane or the mystery creator of this recipe) later.
If anyone knows where this came from let me know so I can properly credit and high five them.

Nom Nom!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a spicey-warm version of tomato soup with nice amounts of fiber and other healthy stuff, do want to try this.

Question: the lentils, canned or uncooked?

Thanks for sharing, Robin

Danika Herrick said...

Hi Robin!
They were dry uncooked lentils.

therelishedroost said...

That looks delicious!! Printed that recipe right away!!
Karolyn

Anonymous said...

Made it last night. It was absolutely delicious! Thanks a lot for the recipe :-)

Greetz from Holland!
Liz

Jesse @ Scout & Nimble said...

This looks delicious and I would think the lentils counteract the coconut milk. ;) You take the good with the bad, right? Cannot wait to make this!

Gina @ The Julian Home said...

Holy crap. I made this last night and my husband and I ate three bowls a piece! I used light coconut milk so I don't feel so bad. This is one of the bet recipes ever. Thank you so much for posting this!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails