Black and White Check It

I lived in a white apartment with beige rugs for a little over a year while our first house was renovated.  I think that experience of not being allowed to paint or alter anything made me color and pattern crazy.  In my attempt to go neutral (which is a major struggle for me), I can across this B&W oversized check.  Normally I'd be all "thats so cuntry", but I actually like.  Its neutral, but graphic.

via New England Home
 I'm also liking it on the floor of this kitchen.  It would have to be done in paint at my house, and right now the only room available for that treatment is my sunroom. I would LOVE to do this to the hardwood floors in my living room though.
I'm also loving the charcoal and black plaid here set against crispy white...

And for my final B&W love...
The sconces and the owl painting totally give it character.

I just wonder how long I could live in the space before color starts appearing.
How about you?




10 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore that tile! Classic yet stunning!

Heather Peterson said...

Hilarious to think of the first picture as "neutral"! It's all relative, right?

Right now, I have four different cream/ ivory/ beige swatches taped up as possible roman shades for my living room (which already has an orange rug, a green chair, and hot pink and yellow accents), when my mind turned to the bolt of hot pink linen in my basement....

Heather
loveyourspace.blogspot.com

Sam said...

Love the kitchen, especially the mix of gray and black with the pale green walls!

court. said...

THAT KITCHEN FLOOR....warrants all kanye caps.

amazing!

lisaroy said...

Love all of these but that kitchen floor is BAM

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I think that's what I love about black and white..you can bring in color and change it all the time. I do love that chair...a little bit country, but bold too!

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

I'm always a fan of black and white. I plan on doing it in my kitchen so I can change color schemes on a whim with accessories. I think that would be so fun and appeal to my ADD design brain!

Libby G said...

oh i'm the same way. i lived in an apartment in austin for 6 months once and evvvvvverything was white (and i was strictly forbidden to paint anything). it drove me crazy!

i love love love that kitchen floor, as well as that last room with the owl painting. there's definitely something to be said about a mostly neutral room with a small amount of color, but i just don't think i have the restraint for it :) i love color too much!

M said...

Quick spell check. It country, not cuntry. Might want to fix that.

Ashley said...

I love me some color so I don't know how long I could live in a strictly black-and-white space...however the kitchen from CocoCozy makes me so, so happy. Loving that interesting flooring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails