Project Hot Mess

First off, I am so sorry about the crickets in my email.  If I owe you a response I will be getting it to you soon.  Life has been crazy, hectic and my "to do" list these past couple of weeks was eating me alive. I took the weekend to clean house and refocus myself.  
   I did a lot of decluttering and rearranging. 
It feels really good, but it definitely opened a big can of worms.

Enter PROJECT HOT MESS:
I flip flopped my family and dining rooms in my frenzy this weekend. Complete chaos, and there is so much painting and sewing to do.
I decided to share this mess in order to make myself accountable and get these rooms finished.
 Every Monday I will post updates of these spaces to keep myself on track.  I have a lot to do!


So here goes...The "new" family room...
 I have always wanted back to back couches. Now I just need to make a narrow table for in between them. The room is divided into TV side and quiet side.  Everything has been thrown in here and now its time to put it all back together and make it feel finished,
so here is a few of the things I will be doing...


and the naked enormous wall...

The "new dining room" is a clash fest.   Got lots of ideas, thinking earthy and toning thing down, but no real starting point.

SO check back next Monday and follow. 
And if you have any suggestions, I will entertain them :)
Also if I don't keep up with this series you can public ridicule me.









































9 comments:

LindsB said...

You are Miss Busy Bee- always changing something around your house! I can totally relate and LOVE that you always come up with the best plans that I can copy from :)

Cant wait to see what you have in store for you new spaces!!!

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

I really like your new dining space! Needs some bold color I think. The back to back couches are already looking amazing. I can't imagine having a window too big, maybe some amazing drapery should be in the plan? Can't wait to see the weekly progress!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

That big ass empty wall could benefit from a big ass painting. DO IT! put yo paintbrush to some canvas. DO IT NOW!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Everything you do is always amazing, I can't wait to see it all complete!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Yay for new projects ;)

Angie said...

Amber's dIning room (amberinteriordesign) always reminds me of you - but what do I know? I know this: It's gonna be awesome; 'cause you're awesome! Your blogging spot is also awesome - I have this dryer to keep me company:)

Rosa @ Flutter Flutter said...

Project Hot Mess... I love that title! I might borrow that, lol. Or maybe just paint it on my front door to lower expectations. ;)

Lily said...

Cant wait to see how it all turns out !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Samantha said...

I'm so glad to see we have the same mental illness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails