Marbled Bookcase Complete...


Hey everybody! Remember my post from the beginning of the week about Paper Mojo and their awesome marble papers?   Well my papers arrived yesterday (so FAST!!! love it.) and they are amazingly gorgeous.  I wasted no time getting to work on my bookcase last night. 
AND It was really easy and quick!

First I laid them out and decided what went where since they were all different...


Then I hung them using Scotch Poster Tape.  It is removable from both the wall and paper if I ever change my mind (and you know I do).  Also, the paper is on the thinner side, so I was afraid of any imperfections in my bookcases showing through if I used a glue.  


I stuck the tape around the perimeter and peeled off the top corner and then peeled back all the edges of the remaining pieces.  This keeps them from sticking to the wall as I try to arrange the paper, and I can easily pull the tabs off once I have it straight...

 I aligned the top corner and worked across attaching and smoothing the top tabs. Next, the key to getting it nice and smooth is to slide your hand from the top center down to the bottom, and attach the bottom center tab. Then continue to smooth out from the center to the sides, and lastly the bottom corners.  The great thing about this tape was that I could reposition it if I needed to.  I then trimmed the overhang on the right with a sharp razor blade...
 The sheets were 25"x almost 37" (a nice surprise because they said 24x36 online- and my shelves were 37" high).  I had to seam in for the larger areas, and adjusted my shelves to hide that...

I really LOVE it now!  ANd complete, this project cost less than $50.

 I am not done with the room yet, or the shelf layouts, but wanted to give you a peek and let you know Paper Mojo is for sure an amazing resource. I will definitely be getting more!

 close up...

25 comments:

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

I'm in love. Thanks for sharing!

Leah said...

i have wanted to do this forever & you have inspired me! beautiful.

Unknown said...

That is fantastic. I can't believe your motivation. I never get projects done that fast!

Dana Frieling said...

Love the movement in the paper. Looks great!

Tiffany Leigh said...

Wow this looks so cool! Great job, I love how you took Jenny's idea and gave it a whole new twist! xo

Unknown said...

LOVE this Danika! (I am slightly obsessed with marbled paper)

Kirsten Nease Designs said...

I love it!!! Simply gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous! Great job!

Stacy CUrran said...

That looks amazing! I'd be a little scared of the pattern, but as always your vision is perfect!
Stacy

My Interior Life said...

Of course, I love this! And I may have told you I have the same paper. It's so pretty. I was lazy and just slapped mine in a frame, but no matter how you display it, it adds instant pizazz and drama. Great job as always, Danika!

Lauren Johnson said...

Looks great!! I posted about you today, because this is the same paper I used on my nightstand art! Love it in the bookcases, great idea!

http://www.threepinkdots.com/2012/06/marbled-paper-turned-artwork.html

http://www/threepinkdots.com

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

I have some marbled paper from them and I love it. I knew it would be pretty but when I saw it in person I was blown away. This is an awesome way to use it!

Unknown said...

Can you tell me what the color of the marbled paper is? Is it all the same color way? It is so hard to tell by Paper Mojos pictures what they actually look like. I have been looking at there site & cant make up my mind. I am definately buying it now after seeing your amazing book cases:)

Danika Herrick said...

Hi Amy! I used the free form marble in the color way turquoise, apricot and raspberry. Here is the link...http://www.papermojo.com/Pirouette-Marbled-Paper--Turquoise-Apricot-Raspberry_p_2947.
Thanks everyone!
Danika

Danika Herrick said...

Hi Amy! I used the free form marble in the color way turquoise, apricot and raspberry. Here is the link...http://www.papermojo.com/Pirouette-Marbled-Paper--Turquoise-Apricot-Raspberry_p_2947.
Thanks everyone!
Danika

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

That looks so great! I tried doing the same thing with wrapping paper recently but it looked terrible. Maybe the smaller, cut pieces would help. Nice job!!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Danika, they look so great!!! I'm in awe.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Come see my minty malm with your overlays! http://mycraftyhomelife.blogspot.com/2012/07/one-room-challengeweek-five.html

Amanda said...

ummm hello gorgeous !!!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know I featured your fabulous marbled bookcase on my blog today! Have a lovely weekend!!

therelishedroost said...

Great idea, love the marble color choice as well!!

Unknown said...

THANKS SO MUCH I AM ORDERING RIGHT NOW:)

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

I'm in love! That wallpaper is amazing! I'm sure it changed the entire look of your bookcase!

P.S. I have some exciting news! I am moving my blog over from ThreeLayerCake to GlamourMash and would love if you followed me there! I haven’t made the official announcement to my followers yet but I wanted to let some of my favorite bloggers (YOU!) know first! 



Hope you have a fabulous week!!!



xx

Holly Foxen Wells

GlamourMash

Anonymous said...

LOVELY PICS:)
Your blog is so wonderful and Im following..I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute Swedish décor inspiration, check out my blog:)

Have a great week dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Anonymous said...

LOVELY PICS:)
Your blog is so wonderful and Im following..I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute Swedish décor inspiration, check out my blog:)

Have a great week dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails