Function vs. Aesthetics

 I am usually guilty of being on the aesthetic side of this argument most of the time.
Be it pretty but painful shoes, or a striking chair that feels like you have a rod up your back when you sit on it for more than 5 minutes- 
I will champion for the visually pleasing always.

But sometimes I just have to wave the white flag too.
I have been trying to make my shaggy Beni rug work in my office for a week now.
The poor thing has been in every room of my house practically!
Its just really thick, sheds like a German Shepard and my office doors jam on it as do my chairs. 
So after the 10th time of getting tangled up in it, I had enough.

 This morning I ran down to the basement and dragged this tribal dhurrie into my office:
Despite the the fact that I was loving a pink and yellow office, I do like the pink/reds/rusts thing happening.  So much so, I even committed by painting  my lamps a burnt red too...
 Of, and for those of you asking about how the wrapping paper/ wallpaper was going...
its up...
Two words:
Spray adhesive.
worked like a charm, and allowed me to reposition
- just do it outside b/c it makes you high as a kite, therefore I forgot to take how to pictures- 
I sprayed the backside of the paper, not the wall, and just smoothed it on.
I will get back to you on how easy it is to take down or paint the walls under it when I get bored and change it in about 6 months. 


In the mean time here is my new color inspiration from my Pinterest to finish this bitch up:
Reds, pinks, oranges and burgundyness



See, not done:
 my desk area/wall is looking lonely and sad and quite unruly
(thinking major art wall and heavy organizing.)

off to work now
later







7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the tribal rug and the red and pink look..I think you've nailed it in there. What a great closet re-do and desk area. Im so impressed!
Have a great day.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

therelishedroost said...

Big fan of tribal rugs as well, I think they work well in almost all settings! I thin I am loving the shift to color these days too!
xo Karolyn

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! With the newly painted lamps, it all ties together perfectly!

xx

Unknown said...

Love the direction you're taking with that lovely color combo! It's one of my favorites :)

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha LOVE your subtitle to your new blog header! Looks awesome too. Hope you're not drowning in a million tasks and projects like me...taking a moment to come up to the surface!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love that colour combo A LOT! That metal decor thingy you have behind your desk is taking me on a stroll down memory lane. My parents had the exact same thing in our house when I was growing up. And nice swap out on the rugs.

Stacy CUrran said...

Oh I'm sooo guilty of putting form over function too! I love your new look though!
Stacy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails