On the move, again.

We found a house, put it under agreement and the FOR SALE sign is up in the front yard. Now I'm feverishly getting the house ready for an Open House on Sunday. The new house is literally down the street, we are only changing house numbers. Its also just five houses from the beach! Its a big mid century ranch in all its wood paneled, brown and yellow glory. Its going to need a whole lot of updating and white washing, but luckily that's something that makes me giddy. I'm thinking mod -beachy casual with a Palm Springs kick. (Can that even exist in New England?) It has alot of original features that I love and want to keep and incorporate like this fireplace and cream cork floors... I just want to take the brass insert out.
I think the foyer with its peek-a-boo wall will look great with a punchy wallpaper.


And there are so many great original light fixtures I love... Check out the pendants in the bathrooms! I think these bathrooms are going to stay Brady Bunch for a while, they are in mint condition and I think the chartreuse has alot of potential.





I will try to document the project as it starts, anyone have any great ranch-reno ideas or pics they'd care to share? I could use all the inspiration I can get!




4 comments:

Oona Johnson said...

I love that you are going to maintain the charater of the house. So many people think houses need to be pratically gutted to be modernized. We bought our house specifically because of all of the design quirks and personality!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

How exciting! Congratulations! Like you, I see potential, potential, potential. Can't wait to see what you do!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see it after you get your stylish hands on it.

xo,
cristin

Amy K said...

I can't wait to see what you do! Please post lots of before and after pics!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails