Much Needed Kitchen Inspiration

OK folks, here is what I got... vintage walnut Formica cabinets and the original appliances from 1964. All I need is an apron and matching mitts.
This is what I want...
Ahh, clean and bright, great tile back splash and lighting.

Unfortunately a kitchen redo is not in the budget because every cent is going to fix up the exterior which currently looks like a cross between a Pizza Hut and a big chocolate brownie. We really did buy the ugliest house on the block. I am going to have to get crafty and work with what I got. Updating the appliances is going to be where the money goes, but I'm thinking painting the cab fronts high gloss white and leaving the walnut Formica bases could be cool? Adding a back splash with pop can help to.






Love the contrast of dark wood and white.








All this spinning started when I saw what a savvy job Lauren Leiss did on her own kitchen. Check out more images on her blog Pure Style Home. Tons of great inexpensive ideas like the chalk board fridge and the painted dishwasher.





Canadian House and Home, Pure Style Home




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails