"The Score" with Saved by Suzy

 Today I have a great score from super talented DIY blogger Suzy of "Saved by Suzy". 
She had found a fantastic desk (well it wasn't so fantastic at the start) that had great lines.  With some good ols fashioned elbow grease she transformed it into a stunner. It became the starting point for her daughter's room transformation that is currently underway. I always love how a new piece can have that effect!  Here is a little peek:

 " My neighborhood had a garage sale a few weekends ago and I found two perfect desks...but, they were already sold! I was so disappointed. So, I hopped on Craig's List and found this beauty:"

" Looking better all ready! I use Kilz no-odor spray primer. It is so easy to use and worth a little extra money. Just be sure to use light coats and shake the can a lot, or else it can get kind-of bumpy or have a sand-paper like texture."
" Decisions, decisions...what color to paint. I thought a baby pink would look cute in C's room, but she was determined to have turquoise. I wasn't too sure about that until we came across a gallon of oops paint at Home Depot in turquoise. I love a bargain, so of course we bought it."
The hardware got a makeover.

And check out this after...

Behold the power of paint and a great color!
Suzy is using this desk in her daughter's bedroom,which is currently undergoing a makeover of its own.   The desk kind of acted as the starting point. She has since painted the walls a light aqua and added pops of pinks and yellow.  Check out the above chair she also redid. Here it is the before...
She has great plans for the bedroom and will be revealing it when its done. You can see some of her inspiration images here. Be sure to hop over to her blog to see more of her projects as well!

Thanks so much for sharing your score with us Suzy!

If you have a great find you'd like to have featured in "The Score" please email me: danika@danikaherrick.com

11 comments:

Lori Flaherty said...

Thanks for sharing Suzy with us. I love what she has going on!

Rashon Carraway said...

oops paint is alright in my book!



Rashon
www.ilovethrifting.com

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Thanks so much for featuring me today Danika! Suzy

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love this desk! suzy is one talented and super sweet blogger- love her!

michelle jane designs said...

Wonderful!

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Wow, what a transformation. Suzy did a beautiful job transforming that desk from ho humm to wow. The color is really fun for a little's girl's room too, I am looking forward to the full transformation.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Suzy really is amazing! I found her bloggy not too long ago and I'm already a big fan of her creativity! And seriously, how cute does that desk look in a great turquoise??? (c:

Trissta said...

Awesome! Love the paint job and the hardware! Definitely will be visiting her blog!

Much Love,
Trissta
www.livingonthechic.com

Trissta said...

Awesome! Love the paint job and the hardware! Definitely will be visiting her blog!

Much Love,
Trissta
www.livingonthechic.com

Holly Gruszka said...

She did an excellent job and I love the chair too. Going over to visit Suzy's blog.

Laura/Hayestone/Design Share said...

Love the color!! Oops paint is great, when you can find a good color. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't use a dropcloth under the furniture when I paint it! My garage floor looks like Suzy's....little paint marks all over from spraying furniture legs! Thanks for sharing
~Laura
hayestone.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails