Calling Boston Area...

Do you live near Boston?  Have unwanted clothes, furniture, linens, jewelery or small appliances?  Know someone that does? Then you can help St. Joseph's Food Pantry. 

In a few weeks they will be opening Recycle for Hunger Thrift Shop in Peabody, MA.  St. Joseph's Pantry feeds about 3,000 people a month in the North Shore area.  You can read more about them and learn about other ways to help here on their website.  This thrift shop will be located at 26 Howley St. in Peabody and they have an unbelievable space to fill so donations are critical. I will be doing another post closer to its grand opening with pictures of the new space and items available.

The head of this entire mission is Cathleen McMath, an amazing woman with the biggest heart I have ever encountered.  If you have donations please contact Cathleen at (978)-500-1144.

They are accepting:
  • Furniture
  • Clothing
  • Jewelery
  • Linens
  • Small Appliances
  • Books
You can also visit or donate to another great thrift shop in the Salem area that benefits the homeless at Lifebridge (formerly The Salem Mission). The Second Chance Thrift Shop has been a favorite spot of mine. I have found many great pieces of furniture there.  Information for directions or donations can be found by clicking on the link above.

Please pass this to anyone you think might be able to help these organizations! Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Danika! Oh, I wish I did live in the Boston area, I love it! I used to work up there, though. And believe me, we have plenty of stuff I wish I could donate! Anyway, just happened into your lovely little world, wanted to say hi and that I am definitely following! Have a wonderful weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails