A Definite Overshare

I contemplated posting this, but it is just too damn funny 
and I thought you all might need a laugh this weekend.

 I opened my Kindergartener's backpack this week and inside his folder was plastic bag.
I opened it and was shocked to find a pair of my black lace underpants.
I was like ??????? / totally embarrassed.

So I asked Joe why my underpants were in his folder.
He tells me he found them in the leg of his pants.
OK, they must have gotten stuck in the wash...
but I'm still thinking "oh shit, really? how many people saw them.."

Then I read the enclosed note:


and I realize the whole class saw them, but it gets even better because the sub... a MAN... 
had to deal with the whole thing.

Thank god I have a twisted sense of humor, 
because I have not stopped laughing when I think about the entire scenario. 
It made me remember a friend of mine's story about a similar thing happening to her teenage son- except in her case they were stuck to his butt of his pants and were a hot pink G-string.

At least these were one of my nicer pairs, and thankfully they were black.
Could have been a ratty pair of granny panties.

I'm sure the teacher's room had a good laugh that day!
Has anyone else had this happen?


15 comments:

Heather Peterson said...

Oh my god, SO FUNNY!
A good reason to get rid of all the undies with holes in them. Only nice (but tasteful) panties from now on!

Heather
loveyourspace.blogspot.com

Dana Frieling said...

Hilarious! Love it that you're laughing at yourself instead of pulling an ostrich.

lizziefitz said...

Oh my ! I am so going to shake the laundry extra hard in the future. My eight year old son would have been mortified ! And mine would have been cotton Hanes not pretty!

Marcia said...

Yes, I have had this happen to me. My (now) husband is in the Navy. Right before a deployment I washed some of our laundry together and a pair of itty bitty bright red panties got stuck inside a pair of his uniform pants. Uh, he was in his berthing when he put the pants on and out shot his girlfriend's panties. He took a lot of teasing about this during the deployment. But, I think he secretly liked that he had a pair of my underwear that travelled 13,000 miles around the world with him. I'm just glad that they were cute and clean!

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

Hilarious!

Tiffany Leigh said...

HIlarious! So happy you shared, what a funny story.

Bec said...

Very very funny! Thank God you can laugh about it!

Sara said...

Oh man something similar happened to me. My husband plays ice hockey and I went to one of his games with our then 6 month old daughter. When he was on the ice I could see he was grabbing at something in his jersey sleeve. He got back to the bench and pulled out a baby bib from inside the sleeve of his jersey. The whole time I was thinking- holy crap- what if it had been my underwear!!

kayce hughes said...

Thank you for sharing! I did need a laugh

Samantha said...

... and they were clean.

Amber said...

That is awesome! haha Thanks for the laugh!

LindsB said...

Figgin hysterical! I love this story and I agree with you, thank goodness this was a pair of nice black ones and not a granny pair!

Kristen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. i was working recently, and found a pair of my own undies in my jean's ankle area. my client was in the room, so i swiftly pulled them out and put them in my pocket. could've been way worse! what if they'd just fallen out into their house and i didnt know!?

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! This is the most hilarious story! I needed this today. Thank you!

Unknown said...

YOu can't make this stuff up!! Hysterical!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails