OK, so now I have to tell you 7 things about lil' old me that you probably don't know...
1)I'm really tall... 5'11". I hated this growing up, and I never cashed in on by playing basketball or doing runway, but now I love the fact that I can paint a room (most of the time) with out a ladder.
2) I'm terribly clumsy. My husband's nickname for me is "Grace".
3) I'm also pretty shy. Man, can you just feel my awkwardness oozing off me? I think a lot of people might read my shyness as aloofness, but I'm not a bitch... just shy. I do warm up quick though. Just say "hello."
Funny thing is I used to be a overly outgoing and outspoken little kid. One day on the bus coming home from Kindergarten I got hit in the face with a lunchbox by a 10th grader that told me to "shut up". I think that was the start of my shyness. Never recovered.
4) Swearing is my yoga. I have a terrible trucker's mouth that I try to keep to myself, but its so therapeutically stress relieving. I also like to make up my own swear words, all of which I can't share with you here. Maybe some day after a few drinks.
5) I will try anything once. There really are few things I won't eat. My husband is not a tryer. My youngest has several food allergies- dairy, eggs, gluten, soy... while my oldest loves all the previous. Cooking in my house is challenging, to say the least.
6) I have terrible ADD (self diagnosed). Its bad because I have so many ideas that I want to do, and I usually will start several at once. My house looks like a bomb went off constantly. A lot of you ask how I do so many projects all time. Its because I have a husband and kids that need to coexist with me, and if I want to keep them I need to finish those projects so my house doesn't resemble an episode of "Hoarders" and DSS doesn't come a knocking. I basically now try not to start a new project until I finish an old one. It works and I get a ton done. I also drink obscene amounts of coffee.
7) I originally went to college for Biology, but dropped that once I learned about a 5 hour lab. I also had these declared majors... Communications & Psychology, before finding my niche as an Art major. My focus was actually Ceramics.
When I moved to Boston in 98' I attended the Boston Architectural Center because I wanted to do more than just paint pretty things in a room. I went for 2 years and dropped out because I was having way more fun learning from the real world of design and I started my own business. I don't regret the decision.
And that is me in a nut shell.
Alrighty, so I'm passing to the torch to some lady bloggers that keep it real...
Bri from You, Me and a Weiner
Danielle from Fresh Quince
Amber from Amber Interiors
Hallie from The Glam Lamb
Heather from Love Your Space